Corporate health has many facets. A company’s ability to keep workers healthy leads to high morale. Healthy workers are happy workers, and the ability to keep workers happy leads to fewer injuries at work and fewer days of absenteeism.
Injured workers cost their employers 8-12 times the fixed cost of the injury. Training replacements, shifting schedules, insurance rate increases and paying workman’s compensation boost the cost impact of injured workers and affect a company’s bottom line.
Wellness programs in the workplace are designed to offer benefits for employees who practice safety procedures in injury prevention, add lifestyle changes for general health improvement, and build a teamwork mentality in the workplace. These ideologies are supposed to decrease the cost of workman’s compensation and health insurance premiums while fostering a commitment to the company. Often times, these goals aren’t met. Injury under-reporting leads to more severe problems down the line with higher cost and longer rehabilitation times. Individuals who can’t keep up, or choose not to engage in lifestyle programs often create negative backlash and can undermine corporate morale.
At Bay Port Chiropractic, our goals are to guide businesses to a healthy level by engaging the decision makers, the work supervisors, and the employees as partners in health and efficiency. We can accomplish these goals by:
- Assessment of Needs: We’ll collect information regarding past and current practices in order to make informed decisions about company needs which will lead to successful outcomes
- Review corporate strengths and weaknesses in injury prevention, ergonomics, and requirements
- Engage in forming health partnerships throughout all corporate levels
- Educate workers and managers on suggestions to improve existing protocols
Dr. Farah completed an Occupational Health program at Northwestern Health Science University leading to Diplomate eligibility from the American Board of Chiropractic Occupational Health in 2009. In 2014, he became a Certified Medical Examiner and is listed in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners by the Federal Motors Carriers Safety Association.
Services related to these certifications include:
- D.O.T. physicals
- Alcohol and Drug Testing
- Fit for Duty exams and pre-placement physicals
- Second opinion exams
- Powerlift training
- Worksite safety assessments and needs analysis
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Lifestyle improvement programs to improve employee health and lower insurance premiums: anti smoking, weight loss, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Back school workshops on assorted topics: low back injury prevention, carpal tunnel syndrome, disc injury, chronic pain, headaches
- Low Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel
- Healthy Cooking
CALL DR. FARAH TO DISCUSS YOUR CORPORATE WELLNESS GOALS